Jiraffe Complaints Policy – March 2015
Click here to download a copy of our Customer Complaints Policy.
Jiraffe is dedicated to providing outstanding customer service and maintaining great customer relationships at all levels. Our commitment to customer service is outlined in the Jiraffe Customer Charter. We hope you never have cause to complain about a product or service supplied by Jiraffe, but if for any reason we don’t meet your expectations we are keen to know so we can put things right. Complaints may be received from end users, family members, care professionals, funders or any individual linked with the purchase, use or issue of equipment. The following outlines our policy and procedures for the handling of verbal and written complaints.
If you have a problem or are unhappy with a product supplied by Jiraffe or with the level of service you have received from Jiraffe, please call our customer support team and we will do our best to fix any problems you may be having right away. If this is not possible, we will aim to resolve your issue within 3 working days as per our Customer Charter. If we aren’t able to resolve your issue to your satisfaction you can make an official complaint. A complaint is “an expression of dissatisfaction with a service or product provided by Jiraffe, whether Jiraffe considers it justified or not”. Our responsibilities:
- To provide an efficient, fair and structured mechanism for handling complaints.
- To provide all our customers with access to the complaints handling process, including customers with disabilities and/or special needs.
- To keep customers informed as to the progress of their complaint and the expected timeframe for resolution.
- To ensure that no customer is without a piece of equipment on which they rely for more than 14 days.
- To provide you with a named contact who will manage the resolution of your complaint.
- To review our complaints quarterly and feedback to our suppliers.
- To continually strive to be the best in our field by reviewing, and where appropriate, improving, our standard of customer service.
Handling your complaint:
You can make a complaint to us by phone, email, fax or letter. In the first instance complaints should be addressed to the Customer Support Team Leader. Upon receiving a complaint we will acknowledge your matter and provide a complaint reference number via telephone or in writing within the following timescales:
- Verbal complaints – 2 working days of receipt
- Written complaints – 5 working days of receipt
- Once we have received your complaint we may need to ask for further information so we can investigate fully and resolve the issue. We may also ask you to put your complaint in writing (if you are able and haven’t done so already).
- Urgent complaints involving potentially serious or dangerous product breakages will be prioritised. In these instances we aim to have a resolution in place by the end of the next working day. If we cannot do this we will give you a full explanation as soon as this becomes apparent.
- We will keep you informed of the progress of your complaint, proposed actions and the expected timeframe for resolution.
- We aim to resolve your complaint and give you feedback as soon as possible and within one calendar month.
- Very occasionally highly complex complaints may take longer than one month to resolve. In these cases we will continue to keep you regularly updated on progress and the likely timeframe for resolution.
- We will confirm the action taken to resolve your complaint as soon as a resolution has been agreed.
- If you are unhappy with the progress of your complaint at any stage or the resolution you may ask to have your complaint escalated to a senior manager.
Jiraffe is signed up to the BHTA code of conduct, approved by Trading Standards. If you are unhappy with the way your complaint has been handled or resolved you can refer this in writing to the BHTA http://bhta.com/how-to-complain/. The BHTA will only investigate complaints that have been raised with us in the first instance.