Knowledge & Know-How: Assessing for Seating
Jiraffe’s National Clinical Training Manager (Richard Harvey) presents education on ‘Assessing for Seating’ equipment and discusses the implications within a 24hr postural management plan.
A look at the Biomechanics of Posture and how the internal and external forces impact our musculoskeletal system. What this means for someone with complex physical disabilities and the importance of managing their posture within a 24 hour period. The principles of how to effectively and confidently assess someone’s postural needs for a seating system.
The session delivers the following learning outcomes:
– To gain/develop and understanding of the importance of 24-hour postural management and how seating fits in to this programme.
– How internal and external forces impact our posture.
– The importance of early intervention to gain a better outcome for a child with neurodisabilities.
– Useful and practical tips in assessing someone’s posture for seating.
– A simple assessment tool you can implement into your practice.